Weeks 14, 15, and 16, plus Christmas Preparations
A year ago I was laying in a coma. A year ago I had died on November 29th, been coded and revived after over an hour, and would miss most of December due to being in the coma. A year ago I became 7 weeks behind in school, was in the hospital 4 weeks, and OTHER than school, haven't caught up yet with household chores, yard work, and life. Due to my now chronic fears of something happening to me again, I push Emma to the Max to not only get school done, but to double up on work and get ahead. I had certain goals I wanted done by certain deadlines this school year, and so far we are right where I wanted to be in most subject areas, and ahead in several. I am even more thrilled, though, about Christmas! A year ago I had NO decorating, cleaning, shopping, or wrapping done until a brief dash through stores in a wheelchair on the 24th, my 1st day home from the hospital, still deathly ill, but home only because I threatened my doctors to let me go home to be with my kids, or I'd check myself out anyway.
November was exceedingly busy for me with doctor appointments and labs for myself and Emma. December and January are shaping up to be the same way. But always, ALWAYS, I keep pushing school, and this year I am also pushing myself to have a normal Christmas. Here is where we are with things almost halfway through the school year:
Algebra: Emma is halfway through Pace 7. My goal was to complete this pace before Christmas break, and she will easily have it done the week before. That leaves only 5 more Paces for the year. Whoo hoo!
Ancient History/Literature: Emma is technically on lesson 31 of 90, but she has parts of lessons done through lesson 45. My goal is to complete through Lesson 45 by Christmas break, and, because she already knows a ton of Greek Literature and History, we SHOULD be able to still meet my self imposed deadline.
Chemistry: we are finishing up Chapter 7. She will do the summary questions and lab next week and move on to Chapter 8.
Writing: Emma is in Chapter 10, plus still writing almost every night in her writing prompt creative writing book. She also published her 2nd short story online. :)
French: if we are behind in anything, it would be French, because we are only in chapter 4. (Out of 10) However, this is an elective course, and our fun class, and she excels in French, so I'm not concerned about when we finish. I still feel, "So you Really Want to Learn French", by Galore Press, is one of the best curriculum I've ever used. It is SO jam packed with vocabulary, interesting French facts, and grammar on each page. If I didn't already have a background in French, I would be lost, but Emma does wonderfully!
Emma is still having some physical and emotional health issues. We have seen the pediatrician, and had labs done, and Emma has some major appointments coming up in January with referrals to specialists. She also has her first gymnastics competition of the year in two weeks, in addition to her babysitting job every Saturday, so she's a busy girl. Her health issues are her personal business, so that is why I gloss over them here and respect her privacy.
We had a great Thanksgiving, by the way. I cooked dinner, as always. This year it was just my boyfriend, John, plus Emma and I, but we ate and played board games and just had a fun day. And every day since November 29th, I think, "this is one more day I've had this year that I didn't have last year", and am just so thankful. And with that thought, I think I will be done writing for this time. I will get to my Christmas post next time, hopefully, if I can remember to find time to write sooner than two or three weeks from now.
November was exceedingly busy for me with doctor appointments and labs for myself and Emma. December and January are shaping up to be the same way. But always, ALWAYS, I keep pushing school, and this year I am also pushing myself to have a normal Christmas. Here is where we are with things almost halfway through the school year:
Algebra: Emma is halfway through Pace 7. My goal was to complete this pace before Christmas break, and she will easily have it done the week before. That leaves only 5 more Paces for the year. Whoo hoo!
Ancient History/Literature: Emma is technically on lesson 31 of 90, but she has parts of lessons done through lesson 45. My goal is to complete through Lesson 45 by Christmas break, and, because she already knows a ton of Greek Literature and History, we SHOULD be able to still meet my self imposed deadline.
Chemistry: we are finishing up Chapter 7. She will do the summary questions and lab next week and move on to Chapter 8.
Writing: Emma is in Chapter 10, plus still writing almost every night in her writing prompt creative writing book. She also published her 2nd short story online. :)
French: if we are behind in anything, it would be French, because we are only in chapter 4. (Out of 10) However, this is an elective course, and our fun class, and she excels in French, so I'm not concerned about when we finish. I still feel, "So you Really Want to Learn French", by Galore Press, is one of the best curriculum I've ever used. It is SO jam packed with vocabulary, interesting French facts, and grammar on each page. If I didn't already have a background in French, I would be lost, but Emma does wonderfully!
Emma is still having some physical and emotional health issues. We have seen the pediatrician, and had labs done, and Emma has some major appointments coming up in January with referrals to specialists. She also has her first gymnastics competition of the year in two weeks, in addition to her babysitting job every Saturday, so she's a busy girl. Her health issues are her personal business, so that is why I gloss over them here and respect her privacy.
We had a great Thanksgiving, by the way. I cooked dinner, as always. This year it was just my boyfriend, John, plus Emma and I, but we ate and played board games and just had a fun day. And every day since November 29th, I think, "this is one more day I've had this year that I didn't have last year", and am just so thankful. And with that thought, I think I will be done writing for this time. I will get to my Christmas post next time, hopefully, if I can remember to find time to write sooner than two or three weeks from now.
Comments
Post a Comment